My family just loves these cookies…and their good for you too!! They are some of the best cookies you’ll ever eat.
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 whole egg (preferably omega-3)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup smart balance
- ¼ cup oil (walnut)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With mixer cream together brown sugar, egg, vanilla, oil, & margarine
- Blend in cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking soda (mix thoroughly)
- Add liquid ingredients and blend until smooth
- Add oatmeal and raisins
- Add small amount of water as needed
- Drop by rounded tablespoon on lightly greased cookie sheet. Press with fork.
- Bake for ~10-12 minutes at 350 degrees
Benefits of Walnut Oil/Walnuts
- Improves blood circulation: Walnut oil contains high levels of monounsaturated oils such as omega 9 which help to keep your arteries supple. The flexibility of the arteries promotes the flow of blood free of any hardening leading to hypertension and heart disease.
- Lowers heart disease risk: The cardio-protective benefits of walnut oil come primarily from the high concentration of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is an omega-3 fatty acid. Consumption of walnuts in daily basis may improve the health of blood vessels, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease.
- Cuts inflammation: Walnut oil has also high levels of polyunsaturated oils like omega3 and omega 6 which help to reduce inflammation and helps prevent diseases like arthritis.
- Maintains hormone levels: Walnuts are rich in phytonutrients and are an excellent source of selenium, phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium that are helpful in stabilizing body hormones.
Information on the benefits of Walnut Oil was retrieved from http://www.medicaldaily.com