Brussels Sprouts with Walnut-Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket and steam in a large saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the sprouts to the dressing; toss to coat.
Recipe retrieved from www.heart.org