Nutrition in Motion
Moving toward a Healthier you!
Eat Well, Be Well
Eat Well, Be Well is a comprehensive and effective 8-week program designed to help people make permanent lifestyle changes. This program teaches the necessary skills to make healthy decisions in order to improve health and overall quality of life.
The Eat Well, Be Well Program can be customized to meet specific needs of a group. Research and statistics have shown that programs of this type produce positive outcomes for both participants and employers. Let us know if your organization or health plan offers a wellness incentive program that can include visits with a Registered Dietitian.
Request more info on our Eat Well, Be Well program
- Improved workplace morale and team spirit
- Reduced direct health care costs
- Lower indirect costs (i.e. value of wages lost by people unable to work due to illness or disability)
- Increased productivity
- Reduced absenteeism
- Lowered rates of disability
- Reduced Worker’s Compensation claims
- More energy
- Improved productivity
- Healthier lifestyle and food choices
- Weight loss and/or weight management
- Strengthened immune system
- Lowered risk of chronic disease (i.e. diabetes, hypertension, cancer, heart disease)
- Awareness of disease management tools
- Reduced annual medical expenditures
- Metabolism – What is It and How to Increase Yours
- Know Your Risk Factors
- Carb Smart
- Heart Health
- Meal Planning and Healthy Cooking Skills
- The Importance of Physical Activity
- Eating Out and Eating On-The-Run
- Class Review
Classes can range from 30 minutes to one hour and can be offered anytime during the day to accommodate your employees’ schedules.
Each class includes a PowerPoint presentation, handout or activity, and question and answer session.
All participants will receive a personal program binder which will include copies of all PowerPoint presentations, additional handouts and take home worksheets for each module.
1-on-1 Nutrition Counseling
In conjunction with the Eat Well, Be Well program, Nutrition in Motion also offers individual nutritional counseling** to all participants. This counseling includes:
- Review of client family history and personal risk factors
- Metabolic Testing with FDA approved device
- Assessment of clients metabolic needs and health history
- Development of individual meal planning & medical nutrition therapy programs customized to each client’s needs (i.e. DASH diet, Therapeutic Lifestyle Change, Carbohydrate Counting, Low Glycemic Index meal planning)
Visit our 1-on-1 Nutrition Counseling page to learn more about the benefits of this service.
**Individual Counseling is optional but is highly recommended to achieve optimum results.